Residential Electrician - Journeyman
Were you a solid student and even tried college before realizing that being an electrical journeyman was what you were meant to be? Do you enjoy sharing your craft as an electrical journeyman? Do you love troubleshooting and have residential electrical experience? Are you ready to find a company, a career, and a family vs searching for a job?
If so, Mr. Electric is looking to speak with you now! We are currently seeking Residential Wireman and Journeyman for full-time positions.
Mr. Electric of San Antonio, Austin, Round Rock, New Braunfels, and San Marcos is an electrical service company specializing in residential and light commercial work in the greater San Antonio - Austin corridor.
WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR
At Mr. Electric we’re crazy about helping our team members achieve their goals! We understand the satisfaction and pride that comes from moving forward and providing a better life for our families. We also know that if you’re achieving your goals, whether personally or professionally, you’ll be happier at home. And when you’re happy at home, you’ll be happier at work.
That’s why supporting our teammates is so important to us. Whether it’s by providing great training and office support, well maintained vehicles and safety equipment, or just being there when you need us, we take our responsibility seriously because we realize that your success is ours too.
You’re looking for a place that recognizes your excellence, values your expertise, and rewards your greatness.
You’ll enjoy being part of a team that strives to be among the very best electrical service teams in the country - a team where everyone is seeking to learn and get better and where teammates celebrate one another’s success.
You want to be paid well but just as importantly, you want to be respected and treated well. We know that top pay is often the result of long-hours, travel, and overtime and frequently accompanied by poor working conditions and management. At Mr. Electric we don’t think you should have to choose. We believe that Top Electricians should have Top Pay AND a great family life.
A LITTLE ABOUT MR. ELECTRIC
Our Origin Story is what makes us different from others in our field. It sets us apart and helps us to build the kind of team we all want to be part of.
We’re here because we want to be! Our owners have done lots of other things from pilot to corporate executive, from bakery owner to business school professor, and they were really successful, but they were still unfulfilled. They kept searching for an opportunity to build something lasting where the success of the team and the teammates were perfectly aligned. In Mr. Electric, they found just that. When teammates succeed, so does the company!
WHAT YOU'LL DO AT MR. ELECTRIC
We help customers with their electrical needs. Residential customers and small businesses call us to help them trouble-shoot issues like flickering lights or a tripped breaker or maybe to install a new fixture, circuit, or panel. You'll have a company van parked at your house and most days you'll dispatch straight from your home with your call sent to your company IPAD and with coordination from your dispatcher. You'll arrive at the customer's home looking sharp and identify what needs to be done. When the customer says "yes," you do the work or schedule it for another day with a helper. Once your call is complete you'll get another. Throughout the day, your branch manager and team leader will be in contact to make sure you have what you need to be successful and they're always there to help. One day per week we get together for training and a little fun but you'll learn about that later.
- Make People Safer. No safety issue goes unshared at Mr. Electric because making people safe in their homes is our passion, Keeping ourselves and our teammates safe is our responsibility.
- Keep Our Commitments. We say what we'll do and do what we say. This goes for commitments to customers and teammates alike. We're not perfect but if we make a mistake, we make it right.
- Fly in Formation. At Mr. Electric, we're all piloting our own craft but our precision and success comes from working together. That's why we use systems, training, and teamwork to deliver great results.
- Driven to Win. Every team, every teammate supported and challenged to move forward and achieve their goals and dreams. That's why we spend time to understand what's important to you. Your drive and success matters to us.
Don't Apply IF
- If your work or approach to life can be summarized as, "good enough." "Excellence" and "moving forward" are what we're about!
- You're 'rough' down to your core. Your appearance and mannerisms help you connect with customers which is key to your success. Looking and acting great aren’t just for the interview, they’re for life.
- If you ooze negativity or if you've never made a mistake but are always pointing them out in others. In our team environment we like positive, supportive teammates. If this doesn't describe you, please don't apply.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Be an experienced residential service electrician with 3-5 years of experience in the field.
- Have your own hand tools such as screwdrivers, Klein’s, testers, etc.
- Be neat, presentable, and professional.
- Service Oriented. It’s not just about the panels you wire or the fixtures you hang, at Mr. Electric it’s about the service you provide and gratitude you receive.
- Positivity is Infectious. We try hard to build a team of positive thinkers because we know that the "key to being happy is ‘be happy’". However, we also know that we all have our ups and downs. When we do have a bad day or bad moment, we remember that great line from the show Ted Lasso, "be a goldfish." Goldfish have tiny brains so it’s easy to forget the past and move forward with the future!
- Have at least a Texas Residential Wireman license.
- Be willing to undergo a background check, drug screening , and driving record check. Please tell us upfront if you have any concerns.
- Willing and able to learn. We are constantly looking for ways to improve and move forward and we place a lot of energy into helping folks through training and practices. If you’re looking to learn, improve, and someday help others, this might be the place for you.
TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE
- Take pride in yourself and your team
- Meet new customers, make new friends, and develop solutions to meet their needs
- Identify electrical issues and troubleshoot to find the root cause and effective solutions
- Operate any hand tools, power tools, and equipment to safely complete the job
- Effectively communicate the status of jobs you’re working on with the office and your team
- Accurately complete all administrative jobs tasks using an IPAD
- Leave the jobsite cleaner than when you arrived
- Use your knowledge of the NEC and follow the electrical code properly and safely
- Be capable of handling a variety of electrical tasks including panel work, removing and replacing fixtures, receptacles, switches, lighting, LED retrofits, etc.
- Be capable of organizing and successfully executing projects lasting one to two days.
- Be willing and able to work safely from heights when needed to accomplish a job
BASIC DETAILS ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance available with plans for your family and budget
- 6 Paid Holidays: Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years
- Annual Paid Time Off, (vacation and paid sick time) yearly time accrual = starting at five days and quickly jumping to three weeks (120 hours) yearly
- Paid Life Insurance
- This is a full-time position paying $80k to $165k annually depending on performance
- Retirement plan / 401(k) with company match
- Company support for gaining advanced electrical licenses
- Referral program where you earn extra time-off for referring friends and family
If you’re reading this line and saying, "can I get an AMEN," we want to speak with you immediately.
To Learn More: https://mrelectriccentraltx.com/careers
Apply Today by Clicking the Apply Now Button on this page!