Residential Electrician | Journeyman
Do you enjoy troubleshooting? Are you looking for ways to elevate your skills and knowledge as an electrician? Do you like interacting with homeowners and helping to create safer homes?
Are you looking to control your income and help grow your leadership skills in the Treasure Valley area?
Mr. Electric of Meridian invites you to apply!
About Our Location & Ownership
As one of over 200 franchise owners under the Mr Electric brand, we are proud to be among a family that began in 1994. Mr. Electric is one of 19 brands under the Neighborly family of companies.
Neighborly was founded in 2015. Known for its dedication to customer satisfaction, Mr Electric strives to be among the best in the industry. Having the best employees in the right positions allows us to be just that.
We, at Mr. Electric of Meridian are a residential service company. We provide quality services including electrical repair, installation, and upgrades to existing homes for people we consider family. That said, we are a company that puts family first. We understand the importance of keeping employees happy and realize family time is crucial to that. A balanced work life is something we support.
Why You Should Join Our Team as a Residential Electrician
We Invest in You - We offer robust training for our service technicians and provide you with resources to grow your skills. We also hold weekly meetings as a team for training and development.
We Help You Achieve Your Goals - We’ll show you how you can control your income growth and reach your financial goals as an electrician.
Here are Your Responsibilities as a Residential Electrician at Mr. Electric
As one our first Residential Service Electricians, you are a founding member of our team and will collaborate directly with ownership and have significant influence in growing the business.. Our customers look to your expertise to help solve their issues and build confidence that their home will be safe.
· You will help customers with various electrical needs, from installations to repairs. This could range from installing basic fixtures to replacing a home's electrical panel and wiring. Note: Complex troubleshooting is often involved so experience as a residential service electrician is a must!
· Maintain compliance with both the company safety and federal OSHA safety standards. Implement necessary protocols and safeguards during any given job.
· Have the ability to identify problems with common wiring such as panel imbalance, improper breaker usage, lack of protective devices such as GFI's, etc.
· Have a basic knowledge of frame carpentry and construction techniques. The ability to lead and inspire apprentice electricians when needed to provide field support.
· You are the face of Mr. Electric and will be interacting with the homeowner to deliver the customer service that Mr. Electric is known for.
Here’s How We Measure Success
· High Quality of Work - The work needs to be done correctly, the first time. You’ll know the job was done right by paying attention to detail, inspecting and properly diagnosing electrical concerns, and delivering high-quality workmanship.
· Top-Notch Customer Satisfaction - You will be responsible for ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction by delivering an amazing customer experience. Earn the trust of the customer by showing confidence as an electrician and providing customized recommendations.
· Efficiency - To succeed in this role, you must do the job well and promptly. You must meet the needs of our customers so we can run a healthy business that takes care of our team.
How to Know If You Are a Good Fit
· You focus on the positive and enjoy being around upbeat people.
· You keep your promises to the customer and the team.
· You are detail-oriented, both in your work and when communicating with the customers.
· You are professional by nature, and it shows up in everything you do.
· You are comfortable with using technology, especially a tablet while in the field.
· You enjoy meeting new people and building new relationships.
· You welcome feedback and are always looking to sharpen your skills.
The following are the minimum requirements for the Residential Electrician position.
· Minimum 2 years of prior professional-level electrical experience
· Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
· Must be able to lift, push, pull 50 pounds.
· Must be able to work in crawl spaces and comfortable working at various heights using ladders, scaffold or other as necessary.
· Must have his/her own set of journeyman electrical hand tools. Tool list provided at time of hiring.
Here’s What We Provide For You
· Branded Company Vehicle - You’ll be responsible for taking care of it while using it to serve our customers. High-top vehicle with room to maneuver.
· Mr. Electric Uniform - We make it easy for you to look professional.
· iPad and Software Applications - We provide state-of-the-art digital tools for a smooth process for customer visits.
· Training Program - As part of the Mr. Electric franchise, we offer in-depth training to advance your skills.
Pay and Benefits
The starting pay range for our Residential Electrician is $30.00 to $40.00 per hour, (first 3 months) depending on your level of experience.
Our techs are paid a base hourly fee PLUS incentives based on performance, additional work performed, and overall job profitability.
While our technicians are paid through commissions only, the commissions are generous and based on overall performance, additional work performed, and overall job profitability. There is also no cap on the commission you can make!
We take care of setting all the appointments so you can focus on doing what you do best - repairing our customers' homes.
- 8 hour shift
- Monday through Friday
- On Call
- Boise, Meridian and surrounding areas. (we will do our best to keep your territory close)
We also offer the following benefits for our Residential Electricians:
- Sign On Bonus
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- High Top Vans and Top of the Line Equipment
- Opportunity for Leadership & Growth
***Sign On Bonus***
Up to $2000. Paid after 120 days of employment
If you are ready to take the next step in your career as a Residential Electrician, and want to join a team where you are valued and can excel, APPLY TODAY!
Pay: $30 to $40/hour
we offer in-depth training to advance your skills.</p><p><br></p><p><strong>Pay and Benefits</strong></p><p>The starting pay range for our Residential Electrician is $30.00 to $40.00 per hour
Job Reference #: PDX_MEOM_8B4F3780-8ED3-4677-9B23-AAA7DBA33579_22276921