Journeyman/ Wireman - Residential Service
Is your phone full of pictures of your panels because you just can’t help sharing your handiwork as a Journeyman Electrician? Do you take pride in everything you do and want to find a company that takes pride in you? Are you ready to be rewarded and respected because of what you do and who you are and not have to change jobs constantly or travel? Are you a Texas licensed Electrical Journeyman or Residential Wireman with residential service experience?
If you are looking for a career and not just a job, Mr. Electric wants to help! We are currently hiring residential Journeyman Electricians for full-time positions.
Who We Are?
We are an electrical service company specializing in residential and light commercial service work in the greater San Antonio - Austin area. We help customers with upgrades, new installs, troubleshooting and replacement of existing electrical systems. We are a local, veteran owned, family business with main offices in San Antonio and Austin. We are the third largest Mr. Electric in the world (out of 200+) and we're working to become the Best!
- We make people safer. At Mr. Electric, no safety issue goes unshared. If you think "safety" is overhyped or you’re unable to identify electrical safety issues, you won't be a fit here.
- We keep our commitments. We say what we'll do and do what we say. This goes for keeping our commitments to customers AND employees. This doesn’t mean that we’re perfect but at Mr. Electric we work hard to clearly communicate with our employees and customers, and we keep our promises.
- We fly in formation. At Mr. Electric, we might drive our own vans and complete our own jobs but our success and precision comes from working together. That's why we use systems and training to deliver great results. Because we follow processes and use systems we have freedom even when working as a team.
- We’re driven to win. We believe that every team, every teammate must be supported and challenged to move forward and achieve their goals. Helping our teammates achieve their goals helps us to achieve ours--to become the best Mr. Electric in the World!
Please Don't Apply If...
These might seem harsh, but we’ve been doing this long enough to know that some things just don’t work. If these apply to you, we're probably not the right fit for you.
- If ‘rough’ describes you and you’re proud of it, this probably isn’t the place for you. Success here requires coming across as professional and making customers comfortable.
- If you only have industrial and commercial experience and you don’t have the drive to learn residential troubleshooting skills, you’ll struggle here as that’s a big part of what we do.
- If you're 'just chasing a buck' or "just looking for a job" this isn’t the place. While some of us chase bucks in the Fall, we hunt satisfaction, appreciation, and improvement at work--all while making a great living helping customers.
- If 'good enough' describes your work or approach to life, please don't apply.
- If you wake up each morning just wondering 'what horrible thing will happen today,' this isn't the place for you. Customers like being around generally positive people, and so do we.
- Lastly, if you have trouble owning up to your own faults but clearly see those of others, please don’t apply.
If You Join Us, This is What You'll Get:
- You'll be part of one of the Top 5 Mr. Electrics in the World with the Vision to become #1. You'll get to be part of a growing team where there is opportunity to learn and have real input.
- When we're growing, it means you’ll have the ability to grow and advance as you become an experienced journeyman service professional, a team lead, a branch manager and more.
- You get to feel good about making people safe in their homes and you get to work with other individuals who feel the same way.
- You get to work with other top notch journeyman electricians, to learn from them and their experiences and to make them better too.
- You get to be part of a team where the owners and office staff treat you like their customer and you show them the same respect back.
- It's a place where you're going to feel like you belong. A place where you feel respected and where you respect your teammates.
About Our Hiring Manager and Owners:
Our teams are growing and so are our branch managers and team leads. Your manager knows exactly what it is like to be a top electrical service professional at Mr. Electric and can help you succeed. He has high standards for himself and, by extension, his team when it comes to quality work and customer service. He's respectful and will do anything for you but expects high quality, effort, and trustworthiness.
At Mr. Electric, you'll also get to work directly with our owners. Both owners work full-time in the business and follow almost every call. They don't interfere, but they know what's up. They are extremely supportive and want you to be successful and you should feel comfortable when they take an interest in you, your future, and your work.
Here's What we Really Want in a Candidate:
- You need to be an experienced licensed electrician with 3-5 years of experience in the field
- Have at least a Texas Residential Wireman license and residential service experience or a strong desire to learn
- Align with our culture and values and believe that every home can be made safer
- Be neat, presentable, and professional and confident in your ability to have conversations with customers.
- Be willing to undergo a background check, drug screening , and driving record check
- Be excited to help others and like being part of a team that just keeps getting better.
- Be motivated by challenges and see each new opportunity for its potential.
Here is What You Can Expect:
- Our teammates drive stocked company vehicles and dispatch from their own homes each morning. We use IPads and technology to keep you organized and efficient.
- You will help customers with their electrical needs ranging from installing basic fixtures to complex troubleshooting and replacing a home's entire electrical service.
- You'll provide solutions and prices to meet the customer needs and when they say "yes," you'll accomplish the electrical work.
- Most jobs are between 1 and 3 days and we don't do new construction.
- Our customer's value customer service and that's what we deliver.
- To improve, we spend time each week training and learning to hone our skills and service. We're always looking to advance, and we celebrate when we do.
When you Apply:
- We'll review your application within 1 business day.
- If a phone screen makes sense, we'll send you an email and text to coordinate a time.
- At the end of the phone screen, we'll let you know if we're moving forward.
- Our interview process lasts 2 hours and our goal is to let you know if we want to schedule you for a ride-along before it ends.
- We perform a background check and driving records check on every prospective hire in addition to a personality trait assessment. Our offers are contingent on passing a drug screen.
- At the conclusion of a 'ride-along,' we'll schedule an offer conversation if that makes sense.
- The process can take as little as 3 days or as long as your schedule requires.
Benefits & Other Details:
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance for your family and budget
- 6 paid holidays (Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years Day)
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Life Insurance
- Company training programs for advanced electrical licenses
- Retirement plan / 401(k) with company match
- This is a full-time position paying $70k to $135k annually depending on performance
If you’ve read this far, congratulations, you deserve to join our team.
To Learn More: https://mrelectriccentraltx.com/careers
Apply today by clicking on the "Apply Now" button on this page!